This notice confirms that Vreasy, its employees, subsidiaries, and the affiliates that Vreasy conducts business with maintain the highest standard of ethics and are compliant with all the applicable global and local laws and rules.
For the purpose of this document, “we”, “our”, and “us” refers to Vreasy, its employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates. For a complete list of terms, see Terms and conditions.
What we promise
At Vreasy, we are compliant with the highest level of privacy and data protection and ensure that all our employees adhere to these standards.
We understand and respect our users’ right to privacy. To that effect, we ensure that we perform and implement all the necessary steps to protect and safeguard your information.
If you disagree with any part of this policy, please understand that we will not be able to provide access to our Platform and Services to you and you will also be required to perform the following steps:
- Discontinue using our Platform
- Delete all cookies from your browser cache after using our Platform
- Deactivate your Vreasy account
Our data protection principles
When you visit our Website, you are not required to provide any Personal information. However, in this case, Vreasy might collect non-personally-identifiable information that will be used solely for the purpose of monitoring and improving our Website and Services. Vreasy does not share this information with third parties nor uses it for targeting advertisements.
Vreasy does not knowingly collect Personal information from children under 15 years of age nor does it have reasonable grounds for believing that children under 15 years of age are accessing its Website or using its Services. If we learn that we have been inadvertently collected Personal information from a child under 15 years of age, we will delete that information as quickly as we can. If you think that we might have any such Personal information, please write to us at [email protected].
Our data collection and processing
- Filling out forms on our Website by registering for a Service, updating your user account details, or supplying your user ID and other verification information.
- Accessing and using our Service by searching for or posting accommodations, making and accepting bookings, paying for accommodations, booking or paying for associated services, posting comments or reviews, or communicating with other users.
- Linking your account on a third-party website, such as Airbnb, HomeAway, Booking.com, or TripAdvisor, to your Vreasy account. In this case, Vreasy obtains your Personal information provided by you to the third-party website to the extent allowed by your agreement with the third-party website and authorized by you.
- Communicating with Vreasy.
- Sharing your information with another Vreasy user.
- Mobile data: When you use certain features of the Website or mobile application, Vreasy collects your location information including IP address, zip code, and even GPS-based information from the GPS functionality of the device that is being used to access the Website.
If you are using your mobile device to access our Website and do not want to share your location information, you can disable the GPS-tracking or any other location-tracking functionality from your device. Your device’s instruction manual should be able to guide you.
- Contact information: We collect your contact information, such as your email address, phone number, or account ID, that you use to create or customize your account or to enable certain features, such as log-in verification.
When you provide us with your email address, phone number, or account ID, you agree to receive emails at the provided email address, text messages to the provided phone number, and messages to the provided user account. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Platform and Services, to market to you, and to help prevent spam, fraud, and abuse.
- Log data: Whether you are accessing our Platform by logging into your Vreasy account or not, our servers automatically record some information known as Log data. This information includes, but is not limited to, your IP address, the date and time the Platform was accessed, the hardware and software used to access the Platform, URLs, referring and exit pages, the number of clicks, the device even information, pages viewed and their order, and the amount of time spent on each page.
- Enabling you to access and use the Platform.
- Enabling you to communicate with Owners and Guests, including sending them messages or other information before and during the vacation rental process.
- Operating, protecting, improving, and optimizing the Platform, Vreasy’s business, and user experience by performing analytics, conducting research, personalizing user experience, and providing customer service.
- Creating and maintaining a trusted and safer environment on the Platform by detecting and preventing actual and potential fraud and other harmful activities, conducting investigations and risk assessments, and enforcing terms and policies.
- Verifying the address of your listings, verifying identifications provided by you, conducting checks against databases and information sources for fraud protection, risk assessment, and harm prevention purposes.
- Sending you service, support, and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and any other information requested by you.
- Sending you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages that may be of interest to you.
- Administering referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and other promotional activities and events sponsored by Vreasy or business partners.
- Complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes that we may have with our users, and enforcing agreements with third parties.
We may also continue keeping it with us for a specific period of time after we have terminated our business relationship, depending on the local tax and accounting requirements. After this period of time, we ensure that your data has been deleted and removed from our systems.
Disclosure of personal information
Vreasy transfers, stores, and sends your Personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), including the United States. By using the Platform, you consent to share your information with these countries.
Please note that the data protection laws in the countries your data is transferred to might be different from the country you are residing in.
Vreasy will transfer your Personal information in the following cases:
- Your public listing page that includes the city and neighborhood of the accommodation, the listing description, its calendar availability, your public profile photo, your responsiveness in replying to queries and other information that you share with your guests is transferred. Parts of your listing page may be displayed on other parts of the Platform to other members or third parties.
- Your public profile and listing page may be indexed and published by search engines. You can disable this option by changing the settings on the Platform. However, these changes might not be updated in third-party servers and they may continue using caches of outdated information.
- Your full name and the full name of the guests accompanying you and any other Personal information that you agree to share will be accessible by the Host of the listing when you send an enquiry or a request for booking the accommodation. We may also disclose other parts of your public profile, including your Wish list and reviews left by other members.
- Your request to book is accepted by the Host or when a Guest books your Accommodation, some of your Personal information is disclosed. However, Vreasy never discloses your billing and payout information with another user.
- When your request to book an accommodation is accepted by the Host, they may employ third-party services for cleaning, transportation, and so on. In this case, the Host may use some features of the Platform to share your information with the third party.
- With our business partners and affiliates, we may share information from your public profile for the purpose of listing your Accommodation on a partner’s site.
- With our affiliates such as VreasyPay and Stripe, we may share your credit card details if they have been provided.
- We may engage third parties for verifying your identification, conducting checks against databases, assisting us with fraud prevention and risk assessment.
- For jurisdictions in which we facilitate collection and remittance of taxes, we share relevant Personal information of Hosts and Guests with the relevant tax authority.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
You can use your browser settings to decide how cookies must be handled. These settings differ from browser to browser. You could decline all cookies or receive prompts to decide which cookies to accept.
Vreasy uses two types of cookies: persistent cookies and session cookies.
- Persistent cookies are saved somewhat permanently; they remain on your device after you close your browser and can be used when you access the Platform again.
- Session cookies typically expire when you close your browser.
Vreasy also allows its business partners to place cookies on your device for analytics or advertising purposes.
The cookies obtained by Vreasy are used for the following purposes:
Enabling, facilitating, and streamlining the functioning of the Platform across different webpages, devices, and browser sessions.
Simplifying your access and use of the Platform to make it more seamless.
While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, we do not change our practices and continue to track your activities on our Platform, such as clicking on advertisements for Vreasy from third-party search engines and social networks. We may also use analytics to track what you do in response to those advertisements.
Google Gmail policy
As part of our Services, we may request you to connect your Vreasy account to your Gmail account to read and process your business-related emails and update the channels data and communications in the Vreasy system. Vreasy never shares this information with third parties.
Other tracking technologies
Vreasy uses social plugins provided and operated by third parties. One such example is the Facebook Like button.
In this case, you might share the information that you are accessing and using our Platform to the Third party. Your interactions with the social plugin might also be recorded by the Third party. However, if you have not logged in to your account with the third party, your identity might be hidden.
Third-party social plugins
We may, either directly or through third parties, track your behavior on our Platform for the purpose of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, and regulatory compliance. We also track your behavior to enable you to use, access, and pay for your activities on the Platform and to market and advertise our services to you.
You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising at the websites of industry groups such as the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also control advertising cookies provided by publishers such as Google’s Ad Preference Manager. By opting out of receiving targeted advertising, you might still continue to receive advertisements; they just won’t be tailored to your interests.
Vreasy may also use web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain log data of the users. These web beacons and tracking URLS may also be used in messages to determine if messages have been opened or links have been accessed.
Securing your information
At Vreasy, we are constantly striving to protect your data against unauthorized access by implementing administrative, technical, and physical security measures. However, please understand that no method of transmission over the Internet and storing information can be 100% secure.
We’d love to hear from you
Your opinion is invaluable to us. If you have grievances, concerns, and doubts about the way we handle your personal information, please write to us at [email protected].
You can also get in touch with us at:
Data Protection Compliance Officer,
Calle Zamora, 46
Barcelona 08005 Spain